Would you like to be part of the frontrunner in strategic stakeholder interaction management? And work in an evironment where you work hard and play even harder? Then look no further because the position Event Project Manager is something for you!
Our Event Project Managers are key catalysts in creating seamless event experiences for our clients globally. Liaising confidently and clearly with external Meeting Owners/Stakeholders as well as internal colleagues, the Event Project Manager plans, organizes and delivers live, virtual and hybrid events from the initial conceptualization through to the final invoicing. The goal is to ensure clients’ objectives are met and that our events exceed their expectations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop a detailed plan – translate clients’ requirements into deliverables, supplier needs, plan and allocate resources, a budget and work plan, track and ensure all business critical deadlines are met;
Monitor and diligently oversee the financial process during various phases of the projects and proactively inform involved parties;
Proactively communicate to ensure Clients are up to date with all aspects of event planning arrangements throughout the life cycle of the project;
Conduct post event debrief with clients and other stakeholders and where relevant, take appropriate actions;
Ensure delivery of all events in accordance with compliance and client-defined guidelines;
Ensure projects adhere to the principles and codes of corporate governance.
Event Management System (EMS)/Administrative Tasks:
- Set up registration process using EMS/Cvent, including registration website;
- Undertake the completion of the invitation & attendee management process including communication,
database management & reporting;
- Coordinate Clients’ requirements with all internal/3rd party suppliers and service providers (eg. project and
faculty related flights, hotel and other logistical requirements);
- Process purchase orders/invoices and timely/accurately maintain project finance records;
- Ensure development, production, ordering and shipping of project materials;
- Monitor all compliance related tasks, reports, project files and archives are completed;
- Prepare and maintain budgets throughout the life-cycle of each project;
- Ensure financial tracking of each project and conduct regular ‘health checks’ to ensure positive cash flow;
- Maximize profitability of projects – including supplier negotiation and up-selling of additional services to
- Execute effective scope management – to identify and charge clients for out of scope activities;
- Identify, quantify and report cost avoidance/saving measures;
- Submit accurate final reconciliation of projects within agreed timelines;
- Implement cost efficient time management;
- Compile and analyze financial and project evaluation reports.
Sourcing and Contracting:
- Review and negotiate contracts with the relevant 3rd party suppliers and vendors;
- Evaluate meeting locations, countries, cities, properties and provide strategic advice to clients.
Client Relationship Management and Account Development:
- Develop and maintain client relationships at every phase of the project life cycle with a view to support the
development of existing and/or new accounts;
- Where relevant, liaise with the Account Director regarding new business opportunities and collaborate to
further develop and/or close the account.
- Conduct onsite inspections and undertake planning meetings with all suppliers, where required;
- Be visible on the ground to engage with meeting and/or other stakeholders so as to ensure and manage
successful event experiences;
- Where appropriate, engage with key stakeholder(s) to identify possible future meeting needs and provide
Any other duties, as required from time to time.